Each month in the Resolve Newsletter we will be showcasing either a client’s company or a company that we work with on a regular basis. If the lockdown has taught us anything it is that we need to support small businesses and so we thought we could do this by showcasing a different company each month. This month we caught up with Iain Belcher from Vision Properties in Weybridge, a new local estate agent that has opened in Weybridge offering a fixed fee to sell your property.
Why did you start up Vision Properties Weybridge?
We set up Vision Weybridge because we felt local people deserved a better service from their estate agent. We are all local people and passionate about the area we live and work in. We want to give our clients honest and realistic advice and make sure we maximise the value of their home by attracting the right buyers to their property.
What is different about this estate agent?
We are an independent, family run company that specialise in residential sales. We want to provide our clients with a simple and affordable way to sell their home and more importantly we don’t want to compromise on service.
At Vision Properties in Weybridge, we don’t charge a percentage of the sale price, we simply charge a fixed fee. This was important to us because we felt that this was a more transparent way to sell houses. The client knows exactly what is included for that price. There are no upfront costs and we also operate a ‘no sale, no fee’ basis.
You say you charge a set fee for your services, what is included in this?
Our full service is just £3,500 (inc. VAT) and includes:
- Free, no obligation valuation by myself (Regional Manager)
- Professional photography
- 3D immersive virtual tour of property
- RICS approved floorplans
- Hard copy brochure for each person viewing
- Advertising on Rightmove
- I have met with you and learnt all about your property so we make sure that I conduct all viewings (including evenings and weekends)
- Expert negotiation, ensuring you get the best deal for you
- Sale progressed to completion
- There are no upfront costs, no time-restricted contract and we operate on a ‘no sale, no fee’ basis.
What top tips would you give someone who is thinking about selling their house?
- People need to be able to envisage what the property would look like if they were living there so declutter your house. Get rid of all the excess stuff that has accumulated and place in cupboards or storage.
- Consider removing any big furniture that makes the room feel small and replace it with smaller furniture.
- Give your walls a fresh lick of neutral paint. This will make your home seem lighter and bigger and everyone loves to move into a home with a blank canvas.
- Most buyers make up their minds in the first few minutes of arriving at a property so kerb appeal creates a lasting first impression. Make sure you have clean windows, a well-maintained front garden, the grass is cut and any fencing is painted.
- Make sure your house is clean and get rid of all odours for viewings.
To find out more about Vision Properties Weybridge, please visit www.visionweybridge.co.uk or email email@example.com or call 01932 558444
If you would like to be included in our monthly company showcase, then please get in touch.