We are looking for a friendly, fun and hard-working Financial Planner to join our team and be proud of how we all work and what we stand for.
This Independent Financial Planner role is simply to be an awesome financial planner for our clients.
We will provide the technology, paraplanning, and support to do what you do best: Help clients along their financial journey, from buying a new home to helping avoid inheritance tax.
We encourage our team to bring ideas to our business to ensure we are providing the best service we can.
THE SPECIFIC SKILLS/EXPERIENCE WE REQUIRE:
We ideally would love someone who is up and running and can run as self-sufficiently as possible, so a few years’ experience under your belt would be great.
THE SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS THE ROLE REQUIRES:
- You must be a minimum of level 4 qualified.
- Mortgage Qualifications would be a bonus but not essential.
THE PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND ATTITUDE THAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- It may sound simple but good old fashioned level-headed, common sense is vital for this role. It’s a small team who love to laugh and enjoy their work so someone that is also looking for this kind of environment would enjoy working with us.
- You will care about what you do, the people you help, have an attention to detail and follow-through… because it’s the right thing to do.
- A team player - An attitude of continual learning and professional growth as this role will develop as the business expands.
WE WOULD LIKE TO ADD:
- This is an exciting time for our business. We have been growing since we started nearly 3 years ago and we now have 5 employees, and this role will make 6.
- Our employees are currently based in Weybridge, Crawley, and Brighton.
SPECIFIC ASSISTANCE WE ARE ABLE TO OFFER:
We are all parents and want to support everyone to balance the commitments they have.
WHAT OUR COMPANY DOES:
Our clients generally seek a solution to a financial problem.
We work with:
– Professional individuals, couples and families
– People planning to start their own business
– People who want to gain more control of their finances
In fact, our clients are just like us! That means we understand their concerns and worries. Our job is to address immediate concerns while helping plan for the future.
Specifically, we can help with:
– Mortgages: helping choose the right option from the thousands available
– Protection: ensuring that if they become ill, or die prematurely, their family’s future is secure
– Retirement: reviewing and advising on existing pensions, while planning for the future to ensure clients retire on their terms
– Savings and investments: analysing existing savings and investments and making recommendations to ensure they are on track to deliver their objectives
We’ll work at the client's pace and in a professional, yet friendly way. The ultimate goal is to give clients clarity, confidence, and peace of mind.
DESCRIBE THE TEAM/DEPARTMENT
We are currently a team of 5, we are down to earth and pride ourselves on our “John Lewis/Waitrose values”. We are energetic and enjoy what we do and who we work with, both colleagues and clients. We have all worked in large corporate companies and now are much happier in control of our own destinies, being able to responsibly juggle work with family commitments.
HOW WE SUPPORT PART TIME FLEXIBLE WORKING
We all work flexibly from our hub office in Weybridge, coffee shops, and our homes. We are all parents and have various broader commitments, so we support each other in balancing our lives whilst delivering our promises to our clients. It’s about teamwork and knowing what’s important to each other. We believe that productivity is not based on the number of hours you are present but by the quality of the work you do.